Be a Vendor
BurlyCon’s Vendor Fair is a yearly favorite, and our attendees come ready to shop! If you’re interested in becoming a vendor, please read on for further details. Know you want to be a vendor at BurlyCon 2017? Fantastic! Please click the link at the bottom of the page to apply.
In addition to your vending table, all vendors receive a 50% discount on program ads. Your business is also listed on the BurlyCon vendor page in the BurlyCon Commemorative Program and the BurlyCon Guidebook app. Vendors also receive free advertising on Burlycon.org’s vendor page, effective as soon as we confirm payment!
Click BURLYCON VENDING POLICIES 2017 to read the Vending Policies and for your Day of Event Vendor needs.
BURLYCON 2017 VENDING applications open April 1st!
Please contact us at vend at burlycon dot org if you would like to get on our list to be contacted when vending goes on sale for 2017.
EARLY BIRD PRICING!
Early Bird Price (offered until April 30th):
$1000 for Exclusive Room Vendor
$800 for an Emerald Foyer full space 25′ x 10′
$400 for an Emerald Foyer half space 10′ x 10′
$300 for a Vending Hall large space 10′ x 10′
$200 for a Vending Hall full space 8′ x 5′
$125 for a Shared Vending Hall half space 4′ x 5′
Full Price (after April 30th):
$1000 for Exclusive Room Vendor
$900 for an Emerald Foyer full space 25′ x 10′
$450 for an Emerald Foyer half space 10′ x 10′
$350 for a Vending Hall large space 10′ x 10′
$250 for a Vending Hall full space 8′ x 5′
$150 for a Shared Vending Hall half space 4′ x 5′
As an extra incentive to reserve and pay early, the first 8 vendors from whom we receive payment in full will be featured in the monthly BurlyCon newsletter! The newsletter goes out to all past attendees and interested parties, and provides excellent visibility for your business.
To qualify for the Early Bird tier, you MUST be paid in full by April 30th (11:59pm PST). On May 1st, all new applicants and vendors with unpaid accounts will be bumped to the Full Price tier. If you find yourself unable to vend, refunds are available minus 20% of the cost of your vending space until September 15th. After September 15th, no refunds will be given.
We’ll confirm we have received your application by sending you an invoice. Be sure to provide a valid email that you check regularly! Your invoice is for the full amount of your vendor fee, and will show any payments received and balance due. Your vending and advertising space will not be reserved until we receive payment.
Exclusive Room Vendor
(Limited to three vendors) – $1000
Turn a private room into your own retail marketplace. Vending hours are up to the merchant. Stay open as long as you like! Court the BurlyCon attendees with your own style of a shopping experience. The Room vendors will be nestled into the BurlyCon Hospitality Block and have sliding door access to the garden courtyard and hot tub. The rooms are a King sized room with the option to have the furniture removed to enhance your market space. Exclusive Room Vendor days of operation can be Thursday through Sunday at the merchant’s discretion. The cost is $1,000 – this price includes a quarter page ad in the BurlyCon program and the cost of the room (Checking in Thursday, checking out Sunday – early and late checkout are at Vendor’s expense and depend on availability).
Emerald Foyer Vendor Full 25’x10′ space
(Limited to three vendors) – $900 ($800 Earlybird)
Our new BurlyCon convention space has the Emerald Foyer directly outside of the classroom spaces. This will be the most high visibility area with class attendees continuously passing by. We have designated three 25’x10’ spaces in this open area for a vendor to set up shop and stretch out in a larger area while being easily visited by attendees. Vendors will need to bring their own displays, but two 6’x3’ table (covered), chairs, and access to electricity will be provided. Since this is an open area, we will provide a security person to watch over the Emerald Foyer market place. The wing of the convention center that the Emerald Foyer is located in will be attended to at night by a security guard once classroom and vending activities have ended. Additional securing of a foyer vendor’s marketplace will be the responsibility of the merchant. Emerald Foyer Vending days are Thursday through Saturday with the option to be open 8am (when classes start) to 8pm (when the Vendor Hall closes).
Emerald Foyer Vendor Half 10’x10′ space
(Limited to six vendors) – $450 ($400 Earlybird)
Our new BurlyCon convention space has the Emerald Foyer directly outside of the classroom spaces. This will be the most high visibility area with class attendees continuously passing by. We have designated six 10’x10’ spaces in this open area for a vendor to set up shop and stretch out in a larger area while being easily visited by attendees. Vendors will need to provide their own displays, but a 6’x3’ table (covered), two chairs, and access to electricity will be prodvided. Since this is an open area, we will provide a security person to watch over the Emerald Foyer market place. The wing of the convention center that the Emerald Foyer is located in will be attended to at night by a security guard once classroom and vending activities have ended. Additional securing of a foyer vendor’s marketplace will be the responsibility of the merchant. Emerald Foyer Vending days are Thursday through Saturday with the option to be open 8am (when classes start) to 8pm (when the Vendor Hall closes).
SOLD OUT BurlyCon Vendor Hall Large 10’x10′ space
(Limited to five vendors) – $350 ($300 Earlybird)
Our new expanded vendor hall allows us to provide a few larger spaces for our creative vendors. Enjoy a full 10×10 foot space with at least one wall side and pipe and drape separating your space. Ideal for a vendor with larger displays, clothing racks, or a variety of merchandise. This space comes with a 6’x3’ table, two chairs and access to electricity.
BurlyCon Vendor Hall Full space 8’x5′ space
(8’x5’ space) – $250 ($200 Earlybird)
Enjoy a standard Full 8×5 space along side our exciting BurlyCon merchants. This space comes with a 6’x3’ table, two chairs and access to electricity.
BurlyCon Vendor Hall Half space 4’x4′ space
(3×3 table space) – $150 ($125 Earlybird)
Enjoy a half space as a 4’x5’ space with 3×3 table space. This is ideal for a vendor with a smaller table top display. (The table is shared and will not be able to be removed). This space comes with use of ½ of a 6’x3’ table, one chair and access to electricity.
BurlyCon Swap Meet 3’x3′ space
NEW! $40 per day
Here is an opportunity to re-home your costume items or sell your small inventory. The BurlyCon Swap Meet will be open limited days and limited hours, but it’s a great way to make some quick sales or get a small taste of being a future Vendor Hall merchant. What You Can Sell: Think Etsy not Amazon. Used items, new items that you don’t have a need for, your own personally created merchandise. Can I sell a pair of Leg Avenue tights that are still in the package, but I have never worn after sitting in a drawer for years? Yes. Can I buy a large amount of Leg Avenue stock and re-sell it at the Swap Meet for a profit? No. The Swap Meet is for new merchants starting out, crafters and makers of things, and re-homing costumes and costume supplies. How You Can Sell: You can sell from a half table (3×3 space). No racks, dress forms, or displays will be allowed. When You Can Sell: The Swap Meet will be open Friday 4-8pm and Sunday 10-2pm. How You Register: There is no advance registration. On the day you wish to sell, you will purchase a seller’s badge and help yourself to half a table space. Spaces are limited to 20 spaces per day. First Come, First Served. Where is the Swap Meet? The swap meet will be in the main entrance of the Hilton Convention Center where all classrooms and the BurlyCon Vendor Hall is located.
Would you like to donate something for the goodie bags given to participants, instructors, and honored guests? If so, please list what you would like to donate.
For those interested in contributing to the goody bags, there is only one level of involvement in 2017:
150 Special bags: These go out to the BurlyCon steering committee, and all presenters. These people are the movers and shakers in the burlesque community. The “specials” include organizers of major burlesque festivals and events, burlesque historians, titleholders, burlesque school heads and faculty, and fantastic performers. This is the place for dollar-off discount cards, full-size samples, gift cards, or a trial-size pouch of items that represent your brand.
BEFORE YOU APPLY:
All application fields must be completed, including the checkbox at the bottom of the page to confirm you have read and accept the conditions to be a vendor. Please prepare your banner and advertising copy before starting the application.
If you have a website, the form requires you to upload your link banner (468 pixels wide X 68 high) for our website. If you purchase advertising, you’ll have the opportunity to upload your image in .JPG, .PNG, or .PDF format at 300 DPI. If your artwork is in color, please submit CMYK format, not RGB.
BURLYCON 2017 VENDING applications open April 1st!
- All those wishing to vend or offer their services at BurlyCon should contact Vending to arrange for a table or space. Unauthorized sales of products or services at BurlyCon are strictly prohibited. Vending out of a hotel room at BurlyCon is a violation of the hotel contract, and may result in cancellation of a room reservation.
- Payment for Early Bird pricing on vending spaces is due in full by April 30, 2017. All full price, registrations, and advertising payments are due by September 15, 2017. All Advertising Copy is Due by September 15, 2017 to email@example.com. Any Vendors with an outstanding balance on September 2nd will be sold to those on the wait list.
- In an effort to keep the BurlyCon Vendor Hall a diverse shopping experience, applications to vend must be reviewed and approved before becoming an official BurlyCon vendor. Any vendor who is unable able to attend forfeits their space for BurlyCon Vending liaisons to fill. No “gifting” your space to another vendor.
- If you find yourself unable to vend, refunds are available minus 20% of the cost of your vending space until 5:00 PM (PST) on October 15th. After that time, no refunds will be given.
- BurlyCon Vendors MUST purchase a convention or events pass to attend classes, lectures, and all other events at BurlyCon. Vendors may purchase up to two deeply discounted passes for $125. This price reflects consideration that vendors will not be able to attend everything because they also need to selling at their booth. Events passes are sold for $75 each. If vendors or helpers who have not purchased passes are found attending other BurlyCon classes/events, they will be asked to leave the event by security.
- Vendors may have two representatives at the facility each day for the duration of the convention to assist with sales at their vending space.
- BurlyCon Instructors: please make a note of vending hours. We do not mind if you cover and leave your table while vending is open. If you would like to be at your table during all open vending hours, it is your responsibility to communicate with the programming team about the hours and days of your availability.
- Please pick-up your Vendor Badges at the MAIN registration or directly from your BurlyCon Vending Team representative upon arriving at the hotel. Registration will have both your Vendor Badges, your BurlyCon Badge if you purchased Con passes, and your Events Wristband if you purchased an Events Pass.
- BurlyCon Vendors and their helpers are asked to please wear their badges visibly at all times while at the convention.
- Vending occurs in Emerald D for Vendor Hall, Emerald Foyer for Foyer Vendors, and Designated Rooms, next to Hospitality for Exclusive Room Vendors.
- Vendor Hall hours are:
- Thursday, November 10: 12:00 noon – 8:00pm
- Friday, November 11: 12:00 noon – 8:00pm
- Saturday, November 12: 12:00 noon – 8:00pm
- Vendor displays must stay within their taped off area. Vendor Hall half spaces may not remove shared tables.
- We kindly ask that all vendors sell only their own retail merchandise, and not “share” vending spots. We are glad to accommodate any requests to be replaced next to each other, space permitting. Resale (items you have already purchased to sell) is ok, consignment is not. Very small pop-up shops or personal projects who can not purchase a vending space have the option to sell at the BurlyCon Swap Meet.
- Vendors are responsible for the security of their space during vending hours. The Vendor Hall will be locked outside vending hours. Everyone must leave the space at the closing of vending hours so we can secure the room. There will be a 15-minute grace period to finish up and leave the room before we lock it. There will not be access to items inside the vending rooms outside of vending hours unless there is an emergency. Vending in the Emerald Foyer may have hours different than the Vendor Hall. Security will be posted during off hours. Exclusive Room Vendors are free to set their own shop hours from Thursday to Sunday.
- Load in will take place Thursday morning, November 9th starting at 9:00am.
- Load out will take place Saturday evening after vending hours close at 8:00pm.
- BurlyCon will not be able to supply internet service. There is no free WIFI available in the Convention Center. Internet can be purchased from the hotel through PSAV or vendors must use their own data plan for e-commerce. Many service providers offer temporary data increase packages.