Since 2012, “Giving Tuesday” takes place on the first Tuesday after Thanksgiving and has helped to amplify year-end fundraising efforts for nonprofits and charitable causes.
For all those who have given to BurlyCon in the past, our entire committee and board would like to send a heartfelt THANK YOU!
This year, GivingTuesday falls on Tuesday, December 1, 2020 BurlyCon would like to share your stories on why YOU give on our own GivingTeaseday!
How can you participate? Take a selfie anytime from now until December 1st and tag BurlyCon on social media (see our links below) and/or post a short story or video on why you continue to give to and support BurlyCon. Don’t forget the hashtags #BurlyCon #GivingTuesday #GivingTeaseday and we will repost your story!
BurlyCon on social media
Along with your stories, don’t forget to take action!
How Can You Help?
Become a Sponsor!
- BurlyCon thrives because of the contributions of the burlesque community, and the incredible involvement of the greater arts-aware community towards our efforts. As a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, we rely on the generosity and passion of our generous donors, sponsors, and members.
Become a Member or Benefactor!
- Together as a community of glittery artists, entrepreneurs, visionaries, designers, unicorns, and fans we can deepen and expand our mission to elevate the art of burlesque. With each contributing according to our own ability, we can build something beautiful. You are BurlyCon!
Create a Facebook Fundraiser!
- Creating a fundraiser is easy! Create a link and share it with your friends! We welcome fundraiser goals of any amount!
Or Simply DONATE!
What Will Your Raised Money Support?
Help us meet our $5K Goal! Your generosity supports important initiatives like:
- Our need-based scholarship program,
- Stipends for presenters from around the world,
- The BurlyCon caucuses that connect different communities,
- Our new Legends program launching in 2021! (Recordings of ‘My Life’ interview sessions in their homes. Monies help facilitate purchasing equipment, virtual and in person tech needs, paying Legends, etc…)
- As well as glitter, giggles, and the beautiful friendships forged in this powerful academic setting.
On this #GivingTuesday December 1, 2020 you can make a tax-deductible donation to BurlyCon and show your commitment to burlesque education, preservation, history, and community.