Jobs & Internships
Open Staff Positions
BurlyCon is a federally recognized 501(c)(3) not-for-profit arts organization dedicated to providing education about Burlesque as an art form. Founded in 2008, the organization holds an annual educational and social convention in the Seattle area providing classes, workshops, social events and community development opportunities for Burlesque performers, fans, and aficionados. The organization is run by a 9-member volunteer Board Of Directors comprised of Burlesque entertainers, producers, and fans. The annual convention is produced by an international, 40-person, mostly volunteer Steering Committee.
It is the policy of BurlyCon to provide equal contractor opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status.
Please submit resume, letter of interest, and any other supplementary documentation to email@example.com.
Director of Programming
- Oversee team of volunteers to ensure the timely creation of an event program within parameters of a budget.
- Guide and coordinate all aspects of the programming of weekend events.
- Guide curation and selection of classes that continue high level of value to patrons.
- Oversee Guest of Honor communication, care and presenter travel.
- Prepare written class, presenter, event, and activity descriptions for use by Media team in promotions.
- Review execution of contract agreements with presenters .
- Ensure preparation and submission of class timetable, class descriptions, and instructor bios to Program Writer in timely fashion. Responsible for final editing of printed program, program content on website, and digital Guidebook application.
- Ensure coordination of all class & venue logistics with Venue Team.
Director of Fundraising
Responsible for generation of $100K in income to sustain and support the year-round efforts of the organization. Organize and oversee current revenue generation such as vending, hospitality, merchandise sales, etc. Also spearhead new fundraising efforts under guidance from Board of Directors. These tasks will be completed under the design and execution of the development strategy created in partnership with the Director of Development. This position requires close work with the Director of Development, Executive Director and Board of Directors.
BurlyCon not only values diversity, we celebrate it. We welcome applicants from members of historically underrepresented minority groups, persons with disabilities, sex-industry workers and others who would bring additional dimensions of experience to our community. Those that have similar and transferable skills are invited to apply even if their skills and backgrounds do not specifically match the job requirements. BurlyCon is an educational organization that is committed to the personal growth, educational advancement, and professional success of its constituents.
BurlyCon has Volunteer/Internship opportunities available in the following areas:
BurlyCon Merch Booth
Teardown and Clean Up
To apply for an Internship with BurlyCon, please email dir@BurlyCon.org with “INTERN” in the subject.